Things I regret doing:
- Eating a ginormous slice of tiramisu cake yesterday right before bed.
Things I do not regret doing:
- Taking courses in the summer.
Things I kinda regret doing:
- Eating this giant soft pretzel.
It was heavenly – soft with just the right touch of salt!
Or maybe i just love carbs too much.
- Heat pan to medium-high heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Chop bell peppers, cucumbers, jalapeño peppers, and garlic.
- Sauté garlic, then jalapeños. Stir in vegetables.
- Add soy sauce and chicken stock in equal amounts, and a pinch of salt.
- Cook until vegetables are tender but still have some crunch.
If you haven’t gotten your daily dose of veggies today, try this recipe!
My BFF was in my class, the teacher was super chill, and it was easy to get good marks. Most importantly, we got to make an assortment of delicious food!
The other day, I found my Foods Studies binder again when I was looking through my stuff from junior high. All of the recipes were simple and straightforward since we only had an hour to prep, bake, and clean up afterwards. I was super excited and wanted to try them all.
Problem is… my mother and brother, the main consumers of my baked goods, are at my grandma’s place. That leaves me here with my dad, who unfortunately isn’t very keen on baked goods. I decided on a small batch of blueberry jam biscuits in the end.
- 500mL white all-purpose flour
- 20mL baking powder
- 2mL salt
- 125mL firm unsalted butter (~100g)
- 180mL milk
- 2.5 tablespoons of your preferred jam
Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Cut in firm butter with a pastry cutter until the mixture has the appearance of fine crumbs.
- Gradually add milk while stirring with a fork.
- Lightly flour clean surface and rolling pin. Gently knead the dough.
- Roll dough to 0.75 inches thick (~2cm). Press cookie cutter into dough.
- Make an indentation in the centre of the biscuit with your thumb. Fill with 1/2 teaspoon of jam.
- Place biscuits on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. Allow biscuits to cool on a cooling rack.
Yields: 15 biscuits
Nutrition: If you use skim milk and sugar-free jam, each biscuit should have approximately 5.9g fat, 13.2g carbs, 2.6g protein, 1.5g sugar, and 116 calories.
Have a fantastic Friday!