I seriously cannot stop myself from buying discount bananas.
I mean… how could I not buy them?
- They are incredibly cheap.
- I love bananas.
- My family loves bananas.
- I frequently bake with banana.
I kinda need to stop because I am running out of room in my freezer. It’s currently stuffed with frozen bananas, greek yogurt, mixed berries, coffee ice cubes, grass fed beef, and pomegranate raspberry sherbet.
- 1 cup white all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 7 medium-sized ripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease two medium loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, sift both flours, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Combine applesauce and brown sugar in a separate bowl; stir in mashed bananas and eggs.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry mixture. Do not over stir!
- Divide batter into two loaf pans, and bake for 40-45 minutes. Turn off the oven and take the loaves out when they are done; the toothpick should come out clean when inserted into the centre of the loaf.
- Allow banana bread to cool before slicing.
I like to cut each loaf into 12 slices. You can divide yours up even more if you wish, but I find that 1/12 of a loaf is the perfect size for an afternoon snack – not too big, and not too small.
The best part?
Each slice is only 79 calories!
Comment below if you have a favourite banana bread recipe! I’d love to try them all!