Low calorie pizza is not an oxymoron. Seriously.
Healthy pizza does exist. That is, if you are willing to make a few compromises…
- Swap pizza dough for a low calorie, high fibre, whole grain tortilla.
- Swap regular pizza sauce for one that is low in sugar. Or… if you love barbecue sauce like me, use two tablespoons of your favourite barbecue sauce, preferably one that is low in sugar and calories.
- Swap pepperoni for sliced turkey breast or ham. A low calorie smoked sausage works well too.
- Add lots of your favourite veggies. Vegetables are bursting with nutrients and low in calories.
- Swap regular cheese for Laughing Cow cheese wedges.
I think I’ll go with the entire pizza!