Everyone in my family loves tofu. I love tofu, my brother loves tofu, and my parents love tofu.
My fridge is always stocked with an assortment of tofu – soft tofu, medium firm tofu, firm tofu, extra firm tofu, dessert tofu… the list goes on.
- Heat two tablespoons of peanut oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Crush three cloves of garlic and brown in pan.
- Dice a package of soft tofu. (I like the one by Sunrise, but any brand will do.) Cook until tofu is golden-brown on all sides.
- Mix in three tablespoons of soy sauce and white rice vinegar, one tablespoon of honey, and one teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- Coat tofu evenly with soy sauce mixture. (To prevent tofu from crumbling, do not over stir.) Let tofu simmer in soy sauce mixture for 10 minutes.
- Chop one scallion stalk and add to tofu. Cook for another three minutes.
- Wait for tofu to cool.
- Eat! 😀
Do you have a go-to tofu recipe?