I have loved banana bread ever since I was a kid.
Once, I ate half a loaf in one day. (That definitely was not a smart thing to do.)
I love banana bread because:
- I love how dense and moist it is.
- I love bananas.
- It is absofreakinglutely delicious.
Best. banana. bread. ever.
You must try this recipe. I promise you will fall in love with it. *pinky promise*
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 large eggs
2 and 1/3 cups mashed bananas (around 500g)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease two large loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl, sift both flours, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
3. In a separate bowl, mix brown sugar, unsweetened applesauce, and coconut oil. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas and mix well.
4. Gently stir liquid mixture into solid mixture. Do not overmix!
5. Pour batter into loaf pans. Bake in preheated oven for 37-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Allow the loaves to cool for 10 minutes before slicing. Bon appetit!
Nutritional stats: 97 calories, 17g carbs, 3g fat, 2g protein, 7g sugar
What is your favourite banana bread recipe?