Double-dipping is okay.
When you’re making french toast, that is.
It makes french toast so much more decadent.
If you haven’t tried double-dipped french toast, you need to make this recipe NOW.
- Lightly toast two slices of bread. You can use white bread, cinnamon raisin, whole grain (what I used), french baguette, brioche, or challah.
- Beat the eggs with milk, sweetener of your choice, vanilla, and a dash of cinnamon.
- Wait for the pan to get hot. Dip one side of the bread in the egg mixture and place it face down in the pan.
- Once one side is cooked, dip the other side in the egg mixture and place it face down in the pan.
- Cover the lid to ensure the centre is cooked. (You don’t want soggy french toast!)
- Repeat steps 3-5.
- Serve with maple syrup, icing sugar, cinnamon, fresh fruit, or nut butter.